There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fun on the Farm

Our summer trip to the farm could not have come soon enough for myself and the boys. This was the longest stretch we have done away from the farm and it was BRUTAL!! 6 months is just too long. We were very fortunate to have family come visit us to make the time more bearable, but there is just something about going "home" to make you feel good. Nat and the boys got to experience the farm in a whole new way this trip. While Natalie and I went to California with Nana and Papa they got to be in control. I felt at ease knowing my sister, Jenny, would be only a few miles away to check in on them and make sure they were still surviving. I knew the boys would be eating pizza and tater tots almost the entire time I was gone and I also know that they would have the time of their life with their dad, and that's all that matters.

Family four wheeler ride. Natalie thoroughly enjoyed it.
What boy wouldn't like a huge sandbox?
Showing Papa what needs to get done.
Giving kisses to her man Kade.
This looks like trouble for sure!
So many things to climb.
I will say from experience that NOTHING tops a slumber party at Nana and Papa's house. Nana and Papa even slept WITH the kids in the living room. Now that is one AWESOME set of grandparents!
I think someone likes her papa....
Lovin on Auntie T!
Tori made this awesome castle in a matter of minutes and I was SOOO nervous Myles was going to knock it down. He resisted and we were just all lucky Ty wasn't around to see it.
 
No lack of love here....This is one protected little lady!


Trying to fill Papa's shoes is a big task...Literally.
Seriously, HOW am I suppose to compete with a grandpa who has acres of mud, dirt, and a backhoe?? There is simply no way to compete. Papa's are the best and little boys know it from the time they are little.
UHHH A LITTLE HELP HERE!!

No Seriously guys....I am STUCK!!
Kade to the rescue! I haven't laughed as hard as I did that day in a long time. We could not get unstuck. We were losing boots left and right and I BARELY kept the camera out of the mud. The boys even rode home in the back of the pickup truck because there was no way they were riding inside.
Ty was not nearly as impressed as Myles and I were at the muddy fun. His loss I guess.
Nothing like jumping in the pool with your clothes ON....Whatever works! My sister always told me, "It's a good thing boys are washable". True that...
Somebody put in a hard days' work!

My Boys!!
My boys and their boots!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture.
I think I may take this picture every summer just to see how much they have grown.
Nat decided to pose for me and Myles decided to jump right in. Ty's still no so sure. :-) Smart boy.
He was still posing like daddy with his little tush sticking out. He found this HILARIOUS. Oh to be 4 and find SO much humor in sticking out your bottom for the camera. Love his innocence and never want it to leave.

Zins Crew 2012!!!!
Mini Zins Crew
Trev is such a good protector!
Natalie and her Godparents
This toy was Brian's when he was about this age. Some toys are just classics.
Nothing like a ping pong table in the machine shed to keep things lively.
Learning all there is to know about tractors from Uncle Eric. Again...No way I can compete with this.

Lovin on Aunt Becky!

And gettin loved on by Aunt Becky.
I'm pretty certain my dad's exact word were "Ping Pong is hard". I think he will request that a couch goes in there instead of the ping pong table. Much more appealing to take a nap after a long morning in the field than to play a game of ping pong.
Acting like he owns that field!
Always a fan favorite....Uncle Ken!
Showing off his "find" in the field.



Auntie Sara has the magic touch!
Uncle Ken knows how to finish the night out on a high note.
A view of the farm from on top of a grain bin. Man I love that place!!
Seriously.....Is this not just sweetness? Nana and Natalie getting one last good snuggle in before we had to leave bright and early the next morning. I LOVE this picture but HATED knowing we were leaving the next morning. Breaks my heart EVERY TIME!! Now we just need to count down the days until out next visit. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment