There is never a dull moment in the Mitchell house. I hope you enjoy the ride. We sure do!!!!

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Little vacation

Earlier in the month Nat decided we needed to take a little family vacation, just the 5 of us. He has heard about Mammoth Caves and thought it would be the perfect location. The one thing we didn't think through was the heat. It was during the really bad heat wave and it just wasn't the time to take 3 kids hiking and sight seeing. We did LOVE the caves, but decided this was a trip to be done during the spring or fall.  We came home a day early and after all the heat, it was a good idea because it took us an extra day to recover before starting the week. 
It blows my mind how big he looks here. Just looks like a little man to me!
The caves really were fun to see and explore. The cold was also a great relief from the 104 degree temps.


Classic
Good times making memories!!

Big steps for a little boy!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to go there. It was on our KY Bucket List...alas....we didn't cross it off. Glad y'all enjoyed it but I'm sure it was hot...I've felt like I'm melting here lately! Whew!

    ReplyDelete